The first week of 2023 is a great time to summarize the last year. I wasn’t so active in writing articles and I will improve it this year. In this article, I want to share a couple of successes related to content sharing, the result of one of the personal experiment, and a few plans related to this blog.
In 2022, I published 6 articles and many of them were related to Jetpack Compose.
- Jetpack Compose: Preview
- Jetpack Compose: RadioButton
- Jetpack Compose: Testing animations
- Get String resources in Jetpack Compose Tests
- How to group Android tests
- 75 days to a better version of myself
The alexzh.com has more than 112k page views 🎉. (Last year, the yearly result was around 75k).
Android Development Tips
Three most popular tips:
Talks and Workshops
This year I talks and workshops only about UI testing in Android.
- Efficient UI testing @ Chicago Roboto (Slides Video)
- UI testing of Jetpack Compose apps @ TechBite (Slides, Video)
- UI testing of Jetpack Compose apps @ AppDevCon (Slides, Video)
- Full-day Workshop: UI testing of Jetpack Compose apps @ AppDevCon
- UI testing of Jetpack Compose apps @ Dutch Android User Group (Slides)
Experiment: How 75 days helped me to a better version of myself
In the second half of the year, I decided to change my life for 75 days to improve my mental and physical state. I’m happy to share that everyday rules for 75 days helped me to improve my health (I lost 12 kg), learn more different topics.
You can read more about my journey here. (I hope it will motivate at least one person).
To be honest, this year was pretty inconsistent. Sometimes I published 2 articles during a month, later I posted nothing for a few months.
In 2023, I want to achieve the following goals and deliver more high-quality content:
- publish tips about Android development and testing at least every week
- publish at least 20 articles during a year
- achieve 200k page views at the end of the year